Production Workers / Machine Operators – 1st, 2nd & 3rd shift
NEW Starting rates of pay:
$12.00/hr – 1st shift; $12.45 – 2nd shift; $12.65 – 3rd shift
Full-time with a full benefit package and part-time positions available.
Passing a drug screening is required.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Evaluate operator instruction sheets for quality information such as: how to inspect and de-gate parts, what kinds of defects, packaging instructions, etc.
- Inspect labels and verify all information
- Perform quality oriented tasks to plastic parts that meet customer requirements by:
- Trimming flash off parts with a razor knife
- Clipping parts off from stem / runner
- Performing visual and some gauging quality checks
- Assembling plastic parts to customer requirements
- Packaging parts to customer requirements (fill out inspection slips)
- Using special fixtures, tools and jigs to perform above tasks
- Operate on molding machine or multiple machines at required speeds to meet standard cycle times and monitor mold when closing to prevent damages
Bi-Lingual Spanish Speaking Lead Operators
Guttenberg Industries, a leading plastic injection molding company located in Garnavillo, Iowa is seeking to create the position of Bi-Lingual Lead Operator on each of its three shifts.
This position performs the duties of the production operator, but also assists in training Spanish-speaking employees, explains daily job assignments, answers questions, and provides translation as required.
The successful candidate will be fluent in both English and Spanish, demonstrate a strong work ethic and have a history of reliable attendance.
This position starts at $12.50 per hour on first shift, with a $.45 premium for 2nd shift and $.65 premium for 3rd shift. Comprehensive benefit package is available after 60 days. Pay increases may exceed $1.25 per hour after each of the first two years of employment.
Feel free to fill out our Online Application or email your resume with cover letter to Human Resources. Your completed application will be kept on file in our Human Resources Department for six months.
Guttenberg Industries also welcomes resumes from experienced manufacturing and engineering professionals. These could include mechanical engineers, industrial engineers, electrical engineers, quality engineers, plastics engineers, and supply chain management. While vacancies in these areas do not currently exist, we are in a growth mode and could be hiring in some of these areas in the future. Experience in the plastics industry would be preferred.
Feel free to fill out our Online Application or email your resume with cover letter to Human Resources. Your completed application will be kept on file in our Human Resources Department for six months. Passing a drug screening is required.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Guttenberg Industries.