In August 2018, Guttenberg Industries, Inc. completed its certification and transition to the new ISO 9001:2015 thus continuing its 20+ years of meeting the ISO high quality standard.
ISO 9001 is the international standard that specifies requirements for a quality management system (QMS). Companies, like Guttenberg Industries, use the standard to demonstrate the ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and regulatory requirements.
“We initiated formal quality recognition in 1997 when we obtained ISO 9002 registration,” explains David Kreul, Guttenberg Industries’ president. “Three years later we converted to ISO 9001. Just a few weeks ago, we successfully transitioned from ISO 9001:2008 to the newest standards and became ISO 9001:2015 certified.”
The ISO 9001:2015 is a based on insuring that a company has processes in place to plan-do-check-act. These processes require companies to document and review the structure, responsibilities, and procedures required to achieve effective quality management in an organization.
Specific sections of the standard require the following:
- Requirements for a quality management system, including documented information, planning and determining process interactions
- Responsibilities of management
- Management of resources, including human resources and an organization’s work environment
- Product realization, including the steps from design to delivery
- Measurement, analysis, and improvement of the QMS through activities like internal audits and corrective and preventive actions
These processes and plans help Guttenberg Industries ensure our customers consistently receive high quality products and services, which in turn brings many benefits, including satisfied customers, management, and employees.
Because ISO 9001:2015 specifies the requirements for an effective quality management system, organizations find that using the standard helps them:
- Organize a quality management system
- Create satisfied customers, management, and employees
- Continually improve